Friday, May 14, 2010

Walking

Dan and I have been on a walk together since we started dating in the summer of 2004. The idea that we are "walking together" was addressed during our wedding in May of 2006 when Pastor Todd described our life as "a walk home." Dan and I are going through life with the knowledge that our destination is heaven and that, together, we can spur one another on in this journey and enjoy the blessings that God has for us on earth. Our walk has been an adventure so far - traveling the world, going through graduate school, supporting one another through new/old jobs, moving to a big city, developing wonderful friendships. And now, we are getting ready for another part of our journey - the journey into parenthood!! (and the part of our life with neither of us are in school!) We couldn't be more excited or more terrified! But one thing has been for sure, we have never walked alone - God has poured out his blessing on us time and time again and we walk with Him as our guide. The psalmist wrote about God's leadership in this walk in Psalm 23 saying
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.

4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment