Friday, April 27, 2012

Time Flies

It is Friday evening and I can not believe that we are almost done with our time in Moldova!  I am very much ready to see Dan and Levi, but I am also starting to feel sad that I will have to say goodbye to my students and our host family.  It seems like we get to know them more each day and feel more and more comfortable....  I was talking with a couple of my students at lunch and we were just discussing how, even though we may be from other cultures, we share so much in common just because we are Christians.  In some ways, it is like visiting family--family you have never met before but know that you have such deep things in common with them.  It is truly wonderful to see the Church in Moldova and see the passion my students have for their ministries.

Classes have been going well and the students are preparing to take their final exam tomorrow.  I have tried to make a fair final but I understand that this week was information overload for some of them.  I have realized how much professors really do want their students to do well....at least, I have realized how much I am rooting for my students!! 

Mom is doing well - she got to "teach" and English class and had SO much fun.  She also participated in another English class which was also a blast.  I told her she has found her second calling--to be an ESL teacher.  =)  Maybe it will be something she gets more involved in at home....or maybe she will even come back to Moldova sometime!  The students really seemed to like her and many of them even stayed late to keep talking with her!

We have both been healthy and, so far, safe (even though driving here in the city is a little, um, disorganized!).  We spend the night here on Saturday and then we will go to the airport on Sunday morning...our flight is at 1.  We have a layover in Munich but only for an hour and a half or so...then it is on to Newark.  So, a big travel day...but I know that, once I am on the plane, I will be SO ready to just get home.  Please continue to pray for health and safety and for good travel on Sunday.  I can't wait to share more when we are back.  Right now, it is getting to be about bedtime so I must sign off!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment